1. How Compelling Is Your Website?
When people are visiting your site online, you’d think they’re coming to learn about your services. Sometimes, that’s true. But the number one reason they’re visiting your site is to find a reason NOT to use your services. They’re looking for something fishy, something janky.
Does your website load slow? Is it confusing to navigate (for someone who isn’t you… think about it), does it clearly present your service in a way that’s a no brainer to buy/sign up, etc.?
I just got done establishing that your website needs to be your best sales tool, but first we have to make sure it’s not your biggest burden. Would something on it deter you or someone you know?
2. Homepage Vs. Landing Page
When marketing, many businesses make the mistake of using their homepage as the place to direct
all customers. Why wouldn’t you? That’s where all the stuff is, after all!
While that’s the first impulse for many business owners, it’s proven again and again to be a bad place
to direct visitors.
Companies find that specific landing pages outperform their homepage by 115%. And depending
on the state and efficacy of your homepage, it could be even higher.
Controlling the experience is key, and a well structured landing page is the way to do it.
Successful Landing Page Ingredients
• Header + Hero Image showcasing your product or result of your service & a bold statement.
• Initial Social Proof like Yelp reviews, satisfied customer statements, etc.
• Test Call-To-Action with an initial offer. Make it good
• Introduce The Problem while stating it in relatable terms.
• Show How It Works and how they can use it, i.e. open, rinse, chop, eat.
• More Social Proof with some additional testimonials.
• Final, Clear Call-To-Action that is simple, yet compelling. No obligation style works best.
• Alternative Call-To-Action with a different approach, i.e. instead of sign-up, offer a quick call.
My goal is to help the average business shift their perspective on what a website is and isn’t. Things have changed a lot, and if we’re not careful, your business can be left behind pretty quickly.
If you have any questions or something you can add that’ll help a fellow entrepreneur, drop us a message!